• 2021-22 U-M Men’s Basketball Routine
ANN ARBOR, Mich. — David and Meredith Kaplan University of Michigan Men’s Basketball Head Mentor Juwan Howard announced these days (Monday, Aug. 30) the Wolverines’ 11-game non-conference timetable for the future 2021-22 season.
Ahead of U-M’s non-convention routine commences, the Maize and Blue will head to downtown Detroit for its lone exhibition recreation at Wayne Point out (Friday, Nov. 5). The Wolverines will be aspect of the grand opening of the Warriors’ brand name-new basketball arena. In partnership with the Detroit Pistons G-League crew, the new 70,000-sq.-foot arena will help the Motor City Cruise as effectively as Wayne State’s men’s and women’s basketball groups.
In a occupied November program, Michigan will officially open up its 2021-22 season with Buffalo on Wednesday, Nov. 10, ahead of heading out for the first of five highway game titles on the non-convention slate.
U-M will journey to the nation’s capital for the initial time given that profitable the 2017 Major 10 Tournament to perform Prairie Perspective A&M as part of the Coaches vs. Racism campaign on Saturday, Nov. 13. The neutral-web site game is scheduled to be held at the Washington Mystics Leisure & Sports Arena, but if ticket gross sales attain sure degrees, the recreation could likely transfer to the Money One Center, household of the Washington Wizards.
Following retuning, the Wolverines will host Seton Hall in the 2021 Gavitt Tipoff Game titles on Tuesday, Nov. 16. The match-up marks the initial time in 32 years the Wolverines and Pirates will fulfill after squaring off in the 1989 national title video game as perfectly as the Duel in the Desert just eight months later on.
Heading to the Enjoyment Funds of the Globe, U-M will participate in a pair of game titles at T-Cell Arena as portion of the Roman Principal Occasion in Las Vegas. The Wolverines will open with UNLV on Friday, Nov. 19, and play both Arizona or Wichita Condition on Sunday, Nov. 21. Heading again to Ann Arbor, U-M will close the Primary Occasion with a home video game versus freshly elevated Division I Tarleton Point out on Wednesday, Nov. 24.
After a 7 days split and next the Thanksgiving holiday, U-M will start out a person of its hardest stretches of its non-convention. 1st, the Maize and Blue head back to Chapel Hill, N.C., to take on North Carolina on Wednesday, Dec. 1, in the 2021 Large 10/ACC Challenge match-up at the Dean Smith Heart. The battle with the Tar Heels will be the fourth assembly about the previous five seasons — three in the Challenge and a person at the 2019 Battle 4 Atlantis.
Closing that week, U-M will welcome former U-M assistant mentor (1988-98) Brian Dutcher’s San Diego State Aztecs to Crisler Center on Saturday, Dec. 4. The weekend match-up was initially set to be towards Kentucky however, due to uncertainties with scheduling, the Wildcats elected to not play this time. U-M and Kentucky are continue to scheduled to participate in at London’s O2 Arena in December of 2022, and ongoing discussions are getting built to reschedule equally residence online games.
The following week, the Wolverines will have their two early conference games — 1 household and a single absent. The Large 10 is expected to announce its breakdown of early and main conference online games in the coming months.
The non-conference finishes with 3 video games starting up with Southern Utah traveling to Ann Arbor on Saturday, Dec. 18. Following a closing property recreation versus Purdue Fort Wayne on Tuesday, Dec. 21, the Wolverines will end the second fifty percent of the home-and-household sequence with Central Florida, traveling to Orlando on Thursday, Dec. 30, for a match-up at CFE Arena.
Michigan’s Large 10 standard-year dates and opponents are anticipated to be announced inside of the following number of weeks. For facts on 2021-22 Michigan men’s basketball tickets, please check out and comprehensive the ticket desire form.
Non-Meeting Timetable Rapid Notes
• Michigan has 11 non-meeting games — six at dwelling and five on the road.
• In the exhibition activity at Wayne State, U-M will be part of the grand opening/commitment for the Warriors’ new campus basketball arena. In 1998, the Wolverines played a commitment recreation for Eastern Michigan’s Convocation Center (Dec. 9, 1998) — an 86-63 gain.
• U-M will acquire aspect in four activities: Coaches vs. Racism (Prairie Watch A&M), Gavitt Tipoff Games (Seton Hall), Roman Most important Party (UNLV, Arizona, Wichita State) and the Major Ten/ACC Challenge (at North Carolina).
• The Maize and Blue is 2-1 all-time in the Gavitt Games and holds an 8-11 record in the Problem.
• Michigan and Seton Hall will satisfy for the initially time in 32 several years. U-M defeated Seton Corridor for its only nationwide title, “shocking the earth” with an 80-79 time beyond regulation gain on April 3, 1989 at the Kingdome in Seattle. The subsequent tumble, the Wolverines posted a 91-86 acquire over the Pirates at the Duel in the Desert (Dec. 23, 1989) at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.
• The Huge 10/ACC Obstacle activity will function previous NBA gamers coaching at their alma maters — U-M’s Juwan Howard vs. UNC’s Hubert Davis. Howard presently has a gain versus the Tar Heels, subsequent a 73-64 semifinal win in the 2019 Fight 4 Atlantis, which U-M went on to gain.
• After a short while ago finding elevated to NCAA Division I standing in July 2020, Tarleton State — a member of the WAC — is coached by next-year head man Billy Gillispie, who has had DI coaching stops at UTEP (2002-04), Texas A&M (2004-07), Kentucky (2007-09) and Texas Tech (2011-12).
• The Wolverines’ game at Central Florida closes a property-and-house collection.
• Including the postseason, Howard’s Wolverines have an 18-4 non-meeting document more than the past two seasons — likely 9-2 each and every time. A few of the 4 losses have come by a put together 4 factors (two by 1, 1 by 2).